Your customers can now implement Supermicro Petascale Storage, an all-Flash NVMe storage system powered by the latest 4th gen AMD EPYC 9004 series processors.
The Supermicro system has been specifically designed for AI, HPC, private and hybrid cloud, in-memory computing and software-defined storage.
Now Supermicro is offering the first of these systems. It's the Supermicro H13 Petascale Storage System. This compact 1U rackmount system is powered by an AMD EPYC 97X4 processor (formerly codenamed Bergamo) with up to 128 cores.
For organizations with data-storage requirements approaching petascale capacity, the Supermicro system was designed with a new chassis and motherboard that support a single AMD EPYC processor, 24 DIMM slots for up to 6TB of main memory, and 16 hot-swap ES.3 slots. That's the Enterprise and Datacenter Standard Form Factor (EDSFF), part of the E3 family of SSD form factors designed for specific use cases. ES.3 is short and thin. It uses 25W and 7.5mm-wide storage media designed with a PCIe 5.0 interface.
The Supermicro Petascale Storage system can deliver more than 200 GB/sec. bandwidth and over 25 million input-output operations per second (IOPS) from a half-petabyte of storage.
Why might your customers need such a storage system? Several reasons, depending on what sorts of workloads they run:
- Training AI/ML applications requires massive amounts of data for creating reliable models.
- HPC projects use and generate immense amounts of data, too. That's needed for real-world simulations, such as predicting the weather or simulating a car crash.
- Big-data environments need susbstantial datasets. These gain intelligence from real-world observations ranging from sensor inputs to business transactions.
- Enterprise applications need to locate large amounts of data close to computing over NVMe-over-Fabrics (NVMeoF) speeds.
Also, the Supermicro H13 Petascale Storage System offers significant performance, capacity, throughput and endurance--all while keeping excellent power efficiencies.
- Check out the Supermicro H13 Petascale Storage Systems data sheet
- Meet the AMD EPYC 9004 Series processors