Supermicro servers powered by AMD Ryzen processors offer super-low latency (where lower is better) and super-high throughput (where higher is better).
But don’t take our word for it.
Those are some of the findings in a new benchmark test conducted by the Strategic Technology Analysis Center, better known by its acronym, STAC.
AMD recently asked STAC to perform STAC-N1 Benchmark tests on a solution utilizing AMD Ryzen processors in Supermicro A+ Supermicro AS -2015A-TR servers, each configured with the following:
- One 16-core AMD Ryzen 7950X processor @ 4.5 GHz (5.7 GHz Boost)
- One AMD Xilinx XtremeScale X2522-25G-PLUS adapter with OpenOnload 184.108.40.206
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.2
Communication was over 25GbE cross connects. Forward error correction (FEC) was disabled.
The SUT (system under test) ID number was AMD231005.
About the benchmark
STAC conducted the benchmark test using its STAC-N1 benchmark, which tests a network stack using a market data style workload.
STAC-N1 is designed to be vendor-neutral. And it can test different combinations of network API, I/O mode, network stack, OS and system hardware.
Once the benchmark is run, STAC compares the results against all publicly disclosed results of the same test.
And here are the benchmark test results for the system with Supermicro AS -2015A-TR servers powered by AMD Ryzen processors:
- Latency: The lowest for a base rate of 100,000 messages per second. This was true for all four measures: mean, median, 99th percentile, and maximum latency. (Benchmark ID STAC.N1.Ꞵ1.PINGPONG.LAT1.)
- Throughput: The highest maximum tested at 1.6 million messages per second. (Benchmark ID STAC.N1.Ꞵ1.PINGPONG.TPUT1.)
- SupplyToReceive latency: The lowest at the highest rate tested. Again, this was the case for all four measures: mean, median, 99th percentile, and maximum. (Benchmark ID STAC.N1.Ꞵ1.PINGPONG.LAT2.)
- SendToReceive latency: Also the lowest at the highest rate tested. And again, for all four measures: mean, median, 99th percentile, and maximum. (Benchmark ID STAC.N1.Ꞵ1.PINGPONG.LAT3.)
- Learn more about the Supermicro AS -2015A-TR for electronic trading.
- View technical specs for the Supermicro AS -2015A-TR server powered by AMD Ryzen processors.
Note: STAC and all STAC names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Strategic Technology Analysis Center.